Tuesday, April 14, 2015

The BOOB JOB...rule about Adoption

I have been very lucky in regards to "commentary" about my family and adoption.  I have not run into some of the truly awful things that I have read about well meaning people asking inappropriate questions about adoption.  It is possible that I just don't notice because it seems that since joining the military, Reid and I have been one of (if not the only) the only people on the base that have adopted.

My worst encounter that I had was taking Mason to the Urgent Care in Oklahoma.  My son was having trouble breathing, the clinic on base told me they couldn't see him until that afternoon (7 hours later), so I rushed to the Urgent Care to have him seen.  We used this Urgent Care regularly, at least 5 times prior.  I came running in with my son draped around me and told them his information and what was going on.  Now, granted I had never seen this receptionist...but a regular peeve of mine is when new employees make the regular clientele feel like they are some how imposing on a world where they have been a regular part of.  I was emotionally raw and that poor woman poked the bear.  I tried to look up on facebook the original encounter, but I got distracted looking at sweet pictures of my sweet family.  So I will make it up...or retell from memory.

Sweet and Caring Mom: Hey, I called on the phone a minute ago.  My son is having a hard time breathing.
New Receptionist: What is his name?
Still Being Nice Mom: Mason sdbfbvcvsxfcv, birthdate ssdvxc, address vdsvgfdzvv, blood type vafgb
Rude Receptionist: And who are you?

Slightly Peeved Mom: His Mother.

About To Die Receptionist:  questioning look like she doesn't believe me

Bear Poked Mom:  HE IS ADOPTED.
 And then I looked at her across the room in only the truest of Christian behaviors.


So now that I got to let my rage out in meme's the reason you clicked on the blog today.  This was a great Public Service Announcement to those who have questions about adoption.
You are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment