Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving & Black Friday

We had such an amazing time at mommy's house yesterday for Thanksgiving.  I woke up early and pretended to be all domesticate by making food for my family like a rock star.  I made these amazing Bacon, Egg, & Cheese Biscuits in an attempt to find a family tradition food for us to have.
Pinned Image

And the boys loved them.  After that we made Oreo balls for dessert and gathered our apple pie ingredients, then headed for mommy's house.  One of the best parts of the holiday is having my brother come back into town.  It is amazing how me and Tracy alone are an episode of "Gilmore Girls", but as soon as you add Sean to the mix we become an episode of "Friends".  We have so much fun together and I looked around the table this year thinking that I truly have the perfect family.  We have all been through so much together, but it has given us such an amazing friendship and bond.

You know what else was a surprise?  Sean actually liked Mason.  We give him a hard time when it comes to kids because he has a very low tolerance for the jerks that people are raising now.  One time at a restaurant there was a little kid crying repeatedly and his parents did nothing as he disrupted the entire restaurant.  My brother nicely asked the waitress if they could move to another table or do something about the crying child, but apparently there were no seats anywhere else and they couldn't step in on the tables parenting.  After another few minutes my brother started mockingly making the same noise that the child was making.  The waitress ran over to his table to ask him to stop carrying on the way he has, to which Sean replied that if no one was going to say anything to the kids table, he should be able to act the same way. The waitress told him that the difference was that he should know better, to which Sean screamed at the parents that they should know better too!  Awesome moments.

Well after we ate Tracy and I looked through the ads to plan the Black Friday attack.  Nothing huge that we wanted this year, but it is like crack through my veins to go shopping at that time of day.  Sure the crazy savings are good, but running around among all of the crazies is much better.  It is the essence of my current catch phrase a "Psychological Wonderland".

We dropped the boy of at his Bama's & Gapa's (Reid's parents) then hit Walmart, Target, Express, & Game Stop before heading home to sleep.  After we woke up at 6, I headed out to get the boy before heading to Michael's and The Loft.  The boy was a champ and hung with me, but then we headed home to hang out together.

One of my favorite things to do is cuddle with my boy.  I decided to forego cleaning and instead rest in the recliner in Mason's room.  He cuddled up on my chest and slept for an hour... magical.  We woke up and started decorating the house, or at least moving farther than just having the tree up, which hopefully I will be able to post up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment