Thursday, October 10, 2013

Life in Oklahoma

Ok, my family has insisted that I finally get some pictures up on this blog for them to see where we are living...out in OKLAHOMA!



  • First, I must say that it is not as bad out here as I thought it was going to be in middle america.  We have a Chili's, awesome Rib Shack, Lowe's and Wal-Mart, and many other restaurants and stores all over the place.  
  • Now that said, there is a large population of people here that are missing important dental implements and may be feautred on people of Wal-Mart soon if not already.
  •  Oh, and there are WAY TOO MANY RASCAL SCOOTERS.  Please get off your scooter and out of the butter aisle.  Seriously, restaurants have butter pumps beside the ketchup out here so it is already melted yellow goop.  I think we see the buter predictions were correct.
  • We have gotten settled into our house and it is taking quite a while to find the actually important stuff, like plates...and the freaking electric drill to drill all the decorations that I have sitting along the edges of rooms waiting to go on the walls.  I just don't feel like the home is complete until I can cover these horrible metal blinds up from my sight.  
  • It is kind of fun to start over in a house though because I can try things out, knowing that I only have a year and a half before it all gets packed up again.  There are a lot of "interesting" architectural lines and some 80's architecture designs going on, but the house is free, so how much can you complain.  Lets me try out some designs I wouldn't normally do.  We'll see, I plan to blog about each room.  
  • So here come some pictures, as promised:
  • And while we were moving, Mason was doing this array of helpful things


    So we are moving in and getting acquainted with our little town.  Haven't really met many people on base yet, but after I get the house together we will have Reid's guys from BOT (basic officer training) over for food.  

    Alright, Love you and miss you friends!  Bye
    :

No comments:

Post a Comment