Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween

I must start out by saying thank you Peggy Lee Mead (mommy) for teaching me to sew all of those years ago.  She always wanted me to have skills that I could fall back on if I needed to.  Well, I have gotten to use those skills for awesomeness instead.  Mason asked if he could be a Ninja Turtle for Halloween this year.  This was over 2 months ago when Reid was still away.  When I called him with costume themes, as soon as he heard the word Ninja Turtle he interrupted saying "YES, YES, WE'RE DOING THAT".  Reid is in love with the fact that Mason likes the things that he liked as a kid.

So I started researching every TMNT outfit they had.  I was so discouraged that the kids costumes were so intricate, the women's ones were shining beacons of sparkly fabric, and the men's costumes were tight green leotards.  I hate the idea of looking lame, and use my family as an excuse to do joint costumes.  Well, I was determined now that since I knew how to sew, that I was going to make the most kick ass Ninja Turtle costumes ever.

 I made a shell to fit each person/dog
Then stitched them up and detailed them, 
because Raphael had to have his cut in his shell or people would talk about us.   

They turned out amazing after a few weeks of work.  My boys were amazing.

Michaelangelo

Raphael

Donatello

Leonardo

Mason had so much fun Trick-Or-Treating.  We were part of an amazing community tonight.





Finally got a family shot of Donny, Mikey, Splinter, Leo, and Raph!


Then the most important part of the night...the candy

We dumped it out for the boy to see his spoils

He was so excited that this was all for him

When Reid was a kid he used to sort all of the candy out, so he taught Mason the same thing.

And then to finish the night out, these Turtles had a cowabunga pizza party!


I am so lucky that my boys play along with me and seem to enjoy this as much as I do.  Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment