Friday, November 8, 2013

Ready to adopt again

So I have been working the last few weeks to prepare for our next adoption.  I think (KNOW) that this adoption is going to be very different than the last one.  Mainly because we cashed out our savings for Mason and I am no longer working.  So I  am getting creative.


  • Etsy ~ I have created some birthday invitations on my shop to sell.  I miss the event planning part of my life, so hopefully I can help people plan from afar and get all the party ideas out of my head.
  • T-shirt ~ Tracy and I spent a lot of time planning out the perfect t-shirt to raise funds and I think I have finally found it.  We decided to do one based on "The Red Thread" book concept.  I will be printing these soon, but trying to get an idea of interest before I start printing since I will be doing it one at a time on my Yudu screen printer.  





  • Yard Sale ~ Military wives are organized, and luckily they have their own yard sale facebook site.  We have been getting rid of the stuff we don't need, like Reid's old suits for work.
  • Saving ~ which goes without saying for an adoptive parent.



So, now comes confession time.  I ripped my heart open last night looking at the Rainbow Kids website and photo listings.  I always knew that Mason and his adoption was special and would never be duplicated.  He was healthy, and perfect, and bonded like a dream. Well, last night I opened myself up to HOW different the next adoption might be.  I was encouraged (unknown to her) by my friend Lisa and started looking at children with special needs.  I realized how simple a thing can be in the US that causes a child to be labeled as special needs in the US.  So many illnesses that are treated regularly in the US by a simple doctors visit or out patient operation.  Adoption is the only means these kids will receive what they so desperately need.  Yes medicine, but also a home and parents to hold them and let them know it will be OK and that together they can overcome.  So I am searching and praying and seeking God's will.  This adoption may not look like I had originally thought (because let's be honest adoption NEVER does) and so I am opening myself up to the journey.  A special needs child may mean that things are sped up exponentially, so my creativity is going to need to hyper drive.   

No comments:

Post a Comment